Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Super-Power

Apparently 1 out of 23 people have some kind of synesthesia. It is sometimes, but not always, hereditary. Many synesthetes never realize that their experiences are unusual. Often, synesthetes describe the experience as pleasurable and some use their abilities to enhance their creative production.

Personally, I’m quite pleased to discover that I have a super-power. But there’s a deeper, and more thoroughgoing pleasure that comes from my new, retro-fitted understanding of myself and the way I experience the world. Discovering that I have a neurological phenomenon has somehow relieved me of feeling like I ought to change; and allowed me to simply observe. It may be that I will always experience excruciating emotional pain when I abandon objects along the way; but maybe I just can’t help it because I’m wired that way. And maybe along with that pain comes the ability to occasionally see the invisible.
Wonder as I Wander » My Super-Power


ÐÃ

No comments:

cosmic giggles ♠♫☼↕♦

Blog Archive

slÖ's Fan Box

slÖ on Facebook

About Me

My photo
tis ammeliet 11en tw11en... ne kikker in e vliegmasjing +xÕx+

••þþ○▬